Friday 6 November 2009

6th lesson 30/11/09

WHAT WE DID IN LESSON:

We were shown the rest of the storytelling pieces. I was impressed by Emily's and Siobhan's use of costume.
We discussed about christmas stories. We decided to do winter stories at christmas as it would set the atmosphere.
We went on a behind the scenes tour to places not open to the public. It was very interesting to see the space the men servants lived in relation to the women servants. I thought it was sad that so many rooms that so many rooms aren't available to the public because of storage space and I feel these places should be open to the public and included in the tours to the public as in my personal opinion the places and new discoveries made the house feel very alive. For example the tour guides read articles of servants living there and their stories. This gave me a real sense of their lifestyle. i enjoyed the tour as the stories were interesting and we went to places we didn't even know were there.

FEELINGS
I feel excited about the christmas project as it gradually gets nearer and nearer and I'm certain our company will pull all the stops out and make the weekends a success.
I feel like I know the house inside out and it has a real sense of life to me.
I'm so aware that we are going to have to work very hard and do extra rehearsals and lectures if we want our pieces to be successful and I'm not going to lie I'm quite worried about the amount of work and the time factor but I know we can and will be a success.
At the moment, I've only just realised how much work and rehearsals I'm going to have in the next month. Its crazy. I feel like work is getting on top of me and I feel very stressed and worried as there is so much to do and not enough time but I'm a hard worker and I'll get there. Sorry for the negativity guys. I promise I won't always be like this. It's 1:15am on a Friday night. I should be out not doing work.

INSPIRATIONS/ IDEAS:

I would really like to make the audiences at christmas feel that the place is alive and has been lived in through the use of props and costume if possible but its important also to focus on family fun mainly and history a bit.
I feel inspired by the book I've just read called The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time by Mark Hadden. I recommend it as I couldn't put it down. Its about a 15 year old boy's life who has Asperger's syndrome which is a form of Autism and it has inspired me because I would like to work with disabled or autistic children as I feel it could be very rewarding and uplifting and it could help in my other lectures as well.
I feel like I have to do something with reminiscence theatre as dementia is very personal to me and I feel I should give something back and work and interact with people who have dementia.

No comments:

Post a Comment